[Pw_forum] Questions regarding max_irr_dim

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Jul 9 21:27:04 CEST 2009

On Jul 9, 2009, at 18:39 , Miguel Martínez wrote:

> I've been lately wondering why max_irr_dim is set to 4 in
> espresso/PH/phcom.f90 [...] I know it's just a swift change and a
> quick
> recompile away, but maybe there's an additional reason why this
> parameter is set to 4.

I think memory usage is the only reason why it is set to 4

> Another side question is how espresso determines the system symmetry.

it may find a lower sysmmetry than in reality, but never a higher or
different
symmetry, as far as I know

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222