[Pw_forum] force constant output

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Tue Jul 7 10:03:06 CEST 2009

On Jul 7, 2009, at 9:41 , Mikiyas Tsegaye wrote:

> I have performed a phonon calculation and have the output file
> "prefix.fc" which I understand is the file containing the real-space
> force constants F(r). Its a long list of numbers - Is there any guide
> for how to interpret the formatting of this file, so I know exactly
> what these numbers represent?

it was explained in one (or more than one) message on this same
mailing list. Search "force constants file" and you will find this as
first item:
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2005-April/002408.html

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222