[Pw_forum] Hubbard U approach in PWSCF

Matteo Cococcioni matteo at umn.edu
Sat Jan 31 20:12:22 CET 2009

Dear Hanghui,

curiously this topic was discussed just few days ago in this forum.
presently in pwscf only the simpler scheme is implemented (U_eff = U -
J). At the beginning we thought that having J was not
so important and so we opted for the most readable and simplest
implementation. Some papers appeared recently, however,
seem to suggest that J has some role.
A prehistoric version of the code exists that has U and J exists but
that needs to be re-implemented and put to work in the latest version.

regards,

Matteo