[Pw_forum] PW taskgroups and a large run on a BG/P

Nichols A. Romero naromero at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 01:07:25 CET 2009

David,

You should really start by making estimates of how much memory your
calculation needs. To
do that you will really need to understand the algorithm otherwise you will
just end up playing with
parameters forever.

ntg is for band parallelization. You have 2560 electrons.

ntg = 32 is probably too large.

Maybe somebody on this list can make a suggestion? My experience with a
real-space code is
the more bands per processor the better. You will probably want at least
250-500 bands per processor.