[Pw_forum] How to use the parameters orbj_in and orbj_fin in calculation in pwcond.x

Alexander Smogunov smogunov at sissa.it
Fri Jan 16 09:34:07 CET 2009

Dear Wang

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 14:48, Wang Qinjing wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> I'd like to calculate the transmission of some special orbital. In the
> INPUT_PWCOND.html I was told there are two parameters orbj_in and orbj_fin
> as follows:
I do not know what you mean by "the transmission of some special orbital".
What the code calculates are the scalar products of transmission eigenchannel
wave functions with projector wave functions centered at different atoms and
provided by pseudo potentials. If you specify orbj_in and orbj_fin, the code
will print out these products for projector functions in the range
[orbj_in,orbj_fin]. It is sometimes useful to analize the symmetry of
transmission eigenchannels, there is no, however, specific meaning in these
numbers.
Regards,
Alexander