[Pw_forum] Transport with pw_cond copper

J. D. Burton jlz101 at unlserve.unl.edu
Thu Jan 15 17:46:54 CET 2009

Nicki,

PWCOND only works with tetragonal cells: either ibrav = 6 or use ibrav = 0
with tetragonal CELL_PARAMETERS in your scf calculation. Notice all the
calculations in example12 use ibrav = 6. Why do you want simple cubic Cu
anyway? Cu is fcc, but you can’t use ibrav = 2 for PWCOND. You can set up
your scf calculation like this:

ibrav = 0
celldm(1) = cubic lattice parameter for Cu in a.u.

ATOMIC_POSITONS (crystal)
Cu  0.0 0.0 0.0
Cu  0.5 0.5 0.5

CELL_PARAMETERS
sqrt(2)/2 0.00      0.00
0.00      sqrt(2)/2 0.00
0.00      0.00      1.00

Anything useful that you might want to calculate (i.e. a junction) will be
have to be at least tetragonal anyway. (Although I don't think even
orthorhombic cells are implemented yet.)

Cheers,
J. D.

************************************
J. D. Burton, Ph.D.
jlz101 at unlserve.unl.edu
University of Nebraska Lincoln
Physics and Astronomy
Office Ph. (402) 472 2499
Mobile Ph. (402) 419 9918
213C Ferguson Hall
"The job of a scientist is to generate wrong ideas as fast as possible."
-- Murray Gell-Mann