[Pw_forum] Problem about the inputs of 'dos.x'

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Jan 15 09:35:25 CET 2009

Dear Pan Deng,

    are you doing a parallel calculation? If so, most probably you started dos.x with a
different number of pools or processors with respect to the pw.x run.
    When running any of the postprocessing tools which read output files of pw.x in the
parallel version, you must use the same number of processors AND the same number of pools
used for the pw.x run.

   In principle the dos.x should not modify pw.x output files (i.e. those in prefix.save
and the wavefunctions), since it simply needs to read them (you can checkd the time stamps
of those files to see if they have been modified when dos.x was running).

Regards

GS