[Pw_forum] question on optimization

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Wed Jan 14 09:47:52 CET 2009

I noticed your mail has not been replied yet. I'm not an expert in variable cell
calculations, but I would suggest you to try vc-relax with the option

cell_dofree='z'

in the cell namelist (see also Doc/INPUT_PW.txt, if you haven't yet). It should do what
you need, if I have well understood and if the option is correctly working.

If you send me an input file for your (possibly small) system I can try if it works.

GS