[Pw_forum] WFC file record format

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 8 00:33:27 CET 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Vidur Parkash wrote:

VP> Hello Everyone

vidur,

VP> I need to extract wavefunctions dumped into the wfc file by
VP> espresso. Can anybody tell me how records in the wfc file are
VP> organized. A structure declaration from the source code would be
VP> useful.

wouldn't it be easier to just add whatever manipulation/analysis
you want to do to the already existing postprocessing software
(directory PP)? this way you don't have to worry about the format
on disk and avoid code duplication and having to play catchup
whenever the format changes...

cheers,
   axel.