[Pw_forum] paramagnetic defects in solids

Ari P Seitsonen ari.p.seitsonen at iki.fi
Fri Feb 27 09:30:08 CET 2009

Dear Sanda,

   We do not yet have extensive experience on the implementation, but it
should work, in particular for solids (the GIPAW method, needed for the g
tensor, was designed in particular for this purpose). The computational
cost of hyper-fine constants is vanishing after you have obtained the
optimised wave functions (and geometry, if you did optimise it), it is
simple post-processing tool. The calculation of the g tensor is more
time-consuming, maybe a about ten times the calculation of the
self-consistent electronic structure.

   If you do use the code, please let us know about your experiences, so
that we can further develop the code. And please do not forget that you
need the pseudo potentials with the GIPAW reconstruction data; some are
given at
http://www.impmc.jussieu.fr/~software/gipaw/
together with (very basic) information on how to generate the projectors
for the reconstruction.

     Greetings from Paris,

        apsi