[Pw_forum] Insufficient Virtual Memory

Vo, Trinh trinh.vo at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 26 21:23:12 CET 2009

Dear PWSCF users,

I was running a benchmark (using example21 in QE) for my computer cluster (total 18 nodes) to compare the results with those posted on web link that was mentioned by Axel in some previous forum emails..

When I performed the calculation for the case of 512 H2O with 4cores/node, the job crashed with the error:

 "forrtl: severe (41): insufficient virtual memory".

I do not know how to deal with this.  Any help or suggestion is appreciated.  For other cases, the runs were fine.

Below are the specifications of my cluster:

Intel CPU Xeon X5450 Quad Core 3.0GHz with 12M cache 133MHz FSB
DDRII667 4GB RAM FBD ECC (D-667D2D4F5/4GB)

For compilation, I used the following:
QE ver. 4.0.3
ifort 10.1015, MKL  10.0.3.020, impi 3.1
internal fftw

I also attach here the output file.

Thank you,

Trinh Vo