[Pw_forum] Use of pool

Liping Yu lyu7 at ncsu.edu
Tue Feb 24 14:49:28 CET 2009

Dear Huiqun,

If your results are based on the same number of processes for different
npools, they make sense to me.   To my understanding, the almost linear
time scaling of using npool means that the computer time is almost
linear to npool (and also the total number of procs) only when we fix
the number of the processors at each pool.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

Liping Yu
Department of Physics
NC State University, USA