[Pw_forum] Example 06 - problem with phonon calculation

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Wed Feb 18 20:41:44 CET 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 19:03 , Eric Landry wrote:

> I also have encountered a similar error message when I installed
> the code on
> a machine running Cygwin with the following compilers:
>
> MPIF90         = g95
> #F90           = g95
> CC             = cc
> F77            = g95
>
> Do you think the compiler might also be the issue here?

maybe your bad luck is an issue here :-)
g95 is the most reliable fortran compiler I know. Why it doesn't work
for you, I don't know. Did you also run the previous test with gfortran
on cygwin? it could be a problem of cygwin. Example 06 has been tested
before release on several machines and software and it works. It doesn't
for v.4.1.2 of gfortran (the one I have on my PC) but it works for a
more
recent gfortran version on a Macintosh

Paolo
---