[Pw_forum] error in pwcond.x calculations

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Mon Feb 9 17:52:33 CET 2009

You're totally right, the basis set reduction does not actually reduce the basis in this
particular case and with these values of ewind and epsproj (but basis reduction is not
much effective in this kind of systems).

I think it's not safe to reduce ewind below 3.0, since it could lead to wrong complex band
dispersions. I would suggest to try and encreasing eps_proj up to 1.d-5, which could help
in reducing the basis set (however convergency with respect to these two parameters should
be always checked, if not using the full basis).

GS

--

| Gabriele Sclauzero, PhD Student                  |