[Pw_forum] Shifting Fermi energy for Fermi surface calculations

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 12:27:05 CET 2009

Dear Nicki,

> I just want to know whether and how it is possible to shift
> the Fermi  energy before constructing the Fermi surface?!

> I just want to know whether and how it is possible to shift
> the Fermi  energy before constructing the Fermi surface?!

I should note there is NO Fermi level, thus, no Fermi surface for semiconductors!!! Please think about why.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com