[Pw_forum] << running QE in parallel >>

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Fri Aug 28 17:26:36 CEST 2009

In data 28 agosto 2009 alle ore 17:11:59, I. Camps <i_camps at yahoo.com.br>
ha scritto:
> ok, it is  single processor with 4 cores. In other softwares, each
> core is understood as a single processor, so at the end, I am able to
> run job paralle in 4 "single" processors. How do QE understand the
> number of processors?

Each core is actually a processor, and that's the way QE reports it. You
are actually running on only one core.

> I am using the script that come inside the example tar downloaded from
> QE site.

There are many scripts in the examples tarball. Please refer to the
mpiexec documentation. If you are referreing to environment_variables,
maybe you haven't noticed that the PARA_PREFIX variable is defined twice,
one after each other, if you have changed the first, than your
modification is overwritten immediately afterwards (yes, it is a error of
the script).

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto