[Pw_forum] << running QE in parallel >>

I. Camps i_camps at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 28 17:11:59 CEST 2009

Thanks Lorenzo,

> But you are running it with only one processor.
> Having only one processor, you also have less than 4 processors per pool,
> hence matrix diagonalization is done serially.
ok, it is  single processor with 4 cores. In other softwares, each
core is understood as a single processor, so at the end, I am able to
run job paralle in 4 "single" processors. How do QE understand the
number of processors?

> There must be an error in one of these lines, or in the way you combine
> them together. I cannot say which, because I don't use lam and I don't
> have access to the script you've used.
I am using the script that come inside the example tar downloaded from QE site.

> Double-check the script, maybe you only have to replace -n with -np.
Changed, same result.

Thanks in advance.

Camps
___