[Pw_forum] GaAs Band structure

lan haiping lanhaiping at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 07:07:00 CEST 2009

Hi,
Several comments:
1, it seems you use  NCPP pseudopotentials . Therefore , 40 Ry for enenrgy
cutoff is not enough to get convergent results.
2, You can do alignment of so-called fermi level,  which is meaningless
since you deal with a semiconductor.
3, Underestimation of energy gap is well accepted in LDA calculations.

Hope helps

Regards

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:37 AM, nand <rana_nand at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sir,
> I am a research scholar at the Ranchi university, India. It will be a great
> help if you can help me with the band structure calculation for GaAs using
> Quantum Espresso.
> I do not get the correct band structure  even with the input file you
> mentioned below. I am attaching the band structure pdf file which I produced
> using  input file given below. As you can see that the fermi level is
> wrongly located and the band gap is badly  underestimated. Please tell me
> about the possible fault(s) possible in my calculation.
> Thanking you in advance.
> Nand Rana,
> (Research Scholar)
> Ranchi, India.