[Pw_forum] output redirection with gipaw.x

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Wed Aug 26 11:18:06 CEST 2009

Sylvian Cadars wrote:

> [...] pw.x now automatically writes the output into the default file
> ("some_file_name" in the example below) , gipaw.x does not, and keeps
> writing the files into the output of the submission system (...)
> Is there something else I can try?

you recompiled GIPAW, didn't you? and verified that gipaw.x is older
than PW/startup.o, didn't you?

> Another problem I have with GIPAW is that is does not seem to use the
> environment variable "ESPRESSO_TMPDIR"

that's true. Unfortunately GIPAW also uses a different input variable
name ("tmp_dir" instead of "outdir"). The fix is however trivial:
in GIPAW/gipaw_module.f90, replace line
    tmp_dir = './scratch/'
with
    CALL get_env( 'ESPRESSO_TMPDIR', tmp_dir )
    IF ( TRIM( tmp_dir ) == ' ' ) tmp_dir = './scratch/'

P.