[Pw_forum] matdyn.x warning message

Mikiyas Tsegaye mastermik at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 21:54:58 CEST 2009

Dear Giannozzi,

As you can see in the reply I sent to Eyvaz (see below), I specified
ASR = 'simple' in my matdyn input file. I also specify the same thing
in my q2r.x input file. But for some reason, this is not happening. I
tried a separate single point calculation just for gamma, and then ran
dynmat.x with ASR = simple, and the acoustic frequencies did go to 0.
So, does this mean that matdyn.x is not enforcing the sum rule
appropriately?

As I have said, the same type of code has worked beautifully with Si,
Ge, and diamond so far. I don't know what the hiccup is with my
graphene runs.

thank  you