[Pw_forum] matdyn.x warning message

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 22:49:31 CEST 2009

Dear Mikiyas,

> Z* not found in file graphene.fc, TO-LO splitting at q=0
> will be absent
> A direction for q was not specified: TO-LO splitting will
> be absent

The first message is just stating that you consider graphene as a metallic system for which there is no LO-TO splitting, of course.

The second message: may be your q-path does not contain Gamma point. Anyway, it is harmless in your (metallic) case

If you send me your fc-file and  q-path,  I will try to have a look at.

 >      ecutrho = 480.0,
You do not need such high ecutrho as you use norm-conserving PsP.
Use default value (4*ecutwfc).

By the way, did you specify zasr in q2r.in and matdyin.in files?

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com