[Pw_forum] meaning of delgep & cutplot

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Aug 20 14:18:46 CEST 2009

Hi Pablo,

Pablo Aguado wrote:

> My question is, what are the meanings of the variables delgep and
> cutplot? Because I can't find them in the input file description.

About the first question, please follow the thread:
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2008-December/010899.html

Quick answer: delgep is used to fix a problem with a LAPACK subroutine. In general you
don't need to specify a value for it, you may need to increase if that specific problem
arises with your copy of the LAPACK.

About the second, from what I see in the code cutplot should be a cutoff on the imaginary
part of a k_z vector used when writing complex bands to a separate output file. It does
not modify the results of the transmission calculation by any means.

I think this option should be documented in Doc/INPUT_PWCOND.def, but presently it is not.

GS