[Pw_forum] Calculation of spin polarisation from PWscf

lan haiping lanhaiping at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:33:51 CEST 2009

Hi, Dimpy!
I think it is a  well repeated question if you pay more attention to
As described in $QE/Doc/INPUT_PW.html:
'
nspin INTEGER  *Default:* 1

nspin = 1 :  non-polarized calculation (default)

nspin = 2 :  spin-polarized calculation, LSDA
             (magnetization along z axis)

nspin = 4 :  spin-polarized calculation, noncollinear
             (magnetization in generic direction)
             DO NOT specify nspin in this case;
             specify "noncolin=.TRUE." instead

Hope it helps

P.S. Please provide your affiliation as it is the basic Netiquette of QE
community .

Regards

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Dimpy Sharma <dimpy.sharma at tyndall.ie>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I want to know how do we perform calculation for spin polarisation in
> PWscf, as I have odd number of electrons in my system. However I have one
> more thing to ask, in my previous system as I already wrote charge is wrong
> apperedin the output, but in that system there are even number of electrons,
> so is their any other probable reason?
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Dimpy

Hai-Ping Lan