[Pw_forum] negative (alpha)^2*F(w)

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Thu Aug 13 21:04:17 CEST 2009

As discussed, many times in this forum, as well as in many textbooks,
negative squared ferquencies are a signal of a mechanical instability.
Are you sure that you want to spend a lot of computer resources
calculating the supercondictive properties of an instable (and, hence,
non-existent unless very special conditions occur) system? SB

---
swift text written and sent on the go