[Pw_forum] Difinition of V_bare and electric field potential

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Wed Aug 12 16:44:01 CEST 2009

Dear ding,

    the question about V_bare falls within the FAQs of this forum. Please have a look at
this thread,
for instance:

http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2006-October/005053.html

Honestly I don't understand completely the second part of your question. Anyway, I think
that the potential due to an external electric field (the one you switch on with tefield)
is added to the local potential, so that it is already included in V_bare (it should be
called vltot in pwscf code).

Cheers,

GS