[Pw_forum] generating k point weights

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Mon Aug 10 15:50:11 CEST 2009

Just one additional note of caution: kpoints.x reduces the number of k-points (and compute
weights) according to the symmetry of the bravais lattice only, while the subroutine
kpoint_grid in PW/ used by pw.x takes into account the crystal symmetry (which can be
lower than the lattice symmetry if you have more than one atom per cell or non-collinear
magnetism)

HTH

GS