[Pw_forum] Questions about Thermal properties calculation

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 16:29:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

--- On Sun, 8/9/09, xirainbow <nkxirainbow at gmail.com> wrote:

>  as for my third question : the attached picture can
> explain.
>
> It seems that QE does not arrange phonon eigenvalue according to their
> symmetry.  You can deal with it by hand. For example, you can
> re-draw the picture in origin or gunplot:)

QE makes a good job and discontiniuties in the figure can be avoided using more q-points (as it was pointed out in my previous e-mail). I do not think origin or gnuplot will help without extra effort. Even using option "smooth" in gnuplot may give worse result.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com