[Pw_forum] Volume in a supercell

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sat Aug 1 09:35:20 CEST 2009

Dear Dimpy Sharma,

  I'm not sure I understand your question.
 As far as the coed is concerned any supercell is just an ordinary  cell.
  you need to define the bravais  lattice, the cell dimensions
(celldm(1:6) or a,b,c,cosab,cosbc,cosac) OR give directly the bravais
lattic vectors (ibrav=0 and cell_parameters card) and then to specify
the atomic positions in the cell (that is all the atoms in the supercell).
 There is nothing like a create_a_supercell input feature in quantum
espresso... it up to you.

 stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS

Dimpy Sharma wrote