[Pw_forum] Carbon Pseudo-potential

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 29 03:21:22 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 17:28 -0700, antonio aliano wrote:
> Dear Pwscf users,
>
> I'm looking for a PBE Norm-conserving Pseudopotential for Carbon; On
> the quantum espresso web page i found a lot of pseudopotentials for
> carbon but I didn't find any PBE-norm-conserving.

just do one yourself. carbon is rather uncritical, and use
a cutoff of either 1.0 a.u. for a "hard" or 1.4 a.u. for a
"soft" NC potential. or something in between. if you are
willing to do some checks, i can send you an archive of similarly
created files with a precursor of the atomic code that is
in Q-E. they are converted to UPF, though, but i cannot
guarantee they work and i don't have time to test them
properly. just let me know.

cheers,
   axel.