[Pw_forum] LDA+U and occupations matrix problems / call for NC PP Cu & Co

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Mon Apr 27 08:49:42 CEST 2009

Dear  Ricardo Faccio,
The problem of normalization of atomic wavefunctions in LDA+U should
have been solved about one year ago in the cvs version and incorporated
in recent distributions. I include below the CVS log message of that
correction that should clarify the change.
It should be possible to repeat your calculations without the
norm-atomic flag on and atomic wavefunctions should be renormalized  on
the atomic grid, that is in a configuration independent way, hence
forces and stress should be ok).
Please report any problem that you may experience,
best,
   stefano