[Pw_forum] LDA+U and occupations matrix problems / call for NC PP Cu & Co

Ricardo Faccio rfaccio at fq.edu.uy
Mon Apr 27 07:20:44 CEST 2009

Dear Pwscf users

I'm a newbie using pwscf, and I’m trying to reproduce some full-potential
all-electrons results from a previous work using WIEN2k. My system is a
cuprate/colbatite YBaCuCoO5. I succeed running the lda+u calculations, but I
found the previous discussed problem regarding the lack of normalization in
some PP (non norm-conserving). I worked with the UPF's files from the QE web
page: Cu.pbe-d-rrkjus.UPF and Co.pbe-nd-rrkjus.UPF.  The problem of
occupations higher than 1 was resolved with the flag: U_projection_type =
'norm-atomic'. But I am interested in checking the stresses and forces, in
order to verify my previous equilibrium solution and these are not
implemented for such correction ('norm-atomic').

For these reason I would like to ask you for a PBE-Norm-conserving PP for Cu
and Co, if anyone has it available. I think this is the fattest solution in
order to avoid the U dependency upon normalization (through
U_projection_type) and for checking my previous results. But, if I have no
answers, I will try to generate these files from myself (but it is a little
bit more complicated that ATOMS implemented in SIESTA).

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.

Ricardo Faccio

  Dr. Ricardo Faccio
  Prof. Adjunto de Física
  Mail: Cryssmat-Lab., Cátedra de Física, DETEMA
  Facultad de Química, Universidad de la República
       Av. Gral. Flores 2124, C.C. 1157
       C.P. 11800, Montevideo, Uruguay.
  E-mail: rfaccio at fq.edu.uy
  Phone: 598 2 924 98 59