[Pw_forum] Phonon calculation

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 17:42:51 CEST 2009

Dear Mazouz,

> the electronic band  shows a semi-metallic behavior

If you have non-vanishing density of states at the Fermi level (so that bands are separated, but  overlapping of valence and conduction bands takes place), your system should be considered as metallic.  If you will consider your system as a semiconductor, you lose some amount of electrons.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com