[Pw_forum] vc-relax and LDA+U: Segmentation fault

Matteo Cococcioni matteo at umn.edu
Wed Sep 24 16:59:26 CEST 2008

Dear Marino,

I have never run a vc-relax simulation with LDA+U but I know of people
who have done that successfully.
if U_projection_type = 'atomic' the code should compute forces and
stresses with LDA+U no problem. Do you obtain forces and stresses?
Also I'm not sure I have understood where the code stops. Does the
segmentation fault appear after the first scf cycle (and after the first
calculation
of stresses and forces)?
Also what kind of dynamics have you picked?

regards,

Matteo