[Pw_forum] Pseudopotential Co

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Mon Sep 22 09:53:01 CEST 2008

Álvaro Alves ha scritto:
Anyone can check my input and tell me where is the error?

when doing fully relativistic pseudos, you have to specify the
occupation of up and down orbitals even in the all electron configuration.
This can be done in several ways, but if you prefer to use the compact
notation, like this:
    config='[Ar] 3d7.0 4s2.0 4p0.0',
then you should specify the occupations in the following way:
    config='[Ar] 3d4.0 3d3.0 4s1.0 4s1.0 4p0.0 4p0.0',

but it will still be wrong, because you have made a mistake in the
pseudo occupations, putting one excess electron in the 3d-up channel.

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)