[Pw_forum] Hybrid functional calcualtion

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Tue Sep 16 08:47:56 CEST 2008

the nqx1,nqx2,nqx3 are there just for that... sometime (especially in
insulators where Wannier functions are localized) the structure of the
1-particle density-matrix allows the Fock operator to be computed on a
coarser q-point grid saving a lot of time... However as usual this is
something that needs to be checked carefully case by case on the basis
of the desired accuracy, which typically depends on the desired
quantity: geometry, energy difference or absolute energy etc...

stefano