[Pw_forum] Fw: relax is too slow

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Sat Sep 13 12:04:19 CEST 2008

the same way as you would choose any other parameter controlling the
accuracy of a numerical calculation. try a value; try a few others
corresponding to increasing accuracy, and stop when you see that the
increase in the accuracy is not worth the extra workload. never forget
to use common sense (whenever it is available).

SB

On Sep 12, 2008, at 11:36 AM, vega wrote:

> Dear sir
>> vega wrote:
>>
>>> As far as I tested, the energy would be within 1% for large
>>> supercells,
>>> but the coordinates of several atoms may differ 200%.
>>
>> doesn't make sense
>
> could you tell me more about how to choose the k point mesh?
>
> vega
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> Vega Lew (weijia liu)
> PH.D Candidate in Chemical Engineering
> State Key Laboratory of Materials-oriented Chemical Engineering
> College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
> Nanjing University of Technology, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
http://www.sissa.it/~baroni / [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) /
stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale
de la pensée - Jean Piaget