[Pw_forum] Runtime error in vc-relax

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Sep 12 16:33:12 CEST 2008

Marino Vetuschi Zuccolini wrote:

> At line 151 of file vcsmd.f90
> Fortran runtime error: Range error during floating point read

this is line 151 of file vcsmd.f90:
      READ( 4, * ) rati, ratd, rat2d, rat2di, tauold
Unit 4 should be "siderite.opt.md" (I am assuming that you are
running the sederite_espresso job you posted a few days ago).
Look in that file - it is formatted and quite small - for anthing
looking suspicious: NaN, missing spaces between numbers, etc.

> It seems that it is not able to read a file generated by itself...

once upon a time, on a Cray machine, read(5,*) didn't accept the
format N*value that write(6,*) used when N consecuting variables
had the same value. Really!

Paolo