[Pw_forum] desc_init

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Oct 30 15:37:48 CET 2008

Lazaro Calderin wrote:

> I still do not understand the need for having exactly the same
> subroutine (desc_init) included in different files which, besides,
> go into the same library (libpw.a).

it would be possible, and maybe convenient, to extract a separate
routine, but this would require to pass some more variables that
now are directly accessed (CONTAIN-ed routines have access to all
variables of the containing routine). While I like to say that
"the only line of code that is bug-free is the one that is not
there", I also try not to forget another bit of wisdom:
"if it is not broken, don't fix it"

Paolo