[Pw_forum] about pseudopotentials

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 14:49:25 CEST 2008

Dear Hania,

As it was discussed many times in the forum, you can mix any pseudopotential with the same exchange-correlation functional. But in this particular case the choice of the energy cutoff is dictated by NCPsP, as you mix USPP and NCPsP which requires higher cutoff energy.
I guess you have to perform some tests regarding ecutwfc and ecutrho keeping in mind that  NCPsPs are "harder" compared  with USPP (for which ecutwfc~30Ry), and at the same time USPP requires ecutrho~(8-12)*ecutwfc.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com