[Pw_forum] QE 4.0.2: configure error

Sangamesh B forum.san at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 09:35:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

    I set:

  # export CPP="/lib/cpp -P --traditional"

# ./configure | tee config_out
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking architecture... amd64
checking for ifort... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf90... no
checking for pathf95... pathf95
checking for Fortran 77 compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the Fortran 77 compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether pathf95 accepts -g... yes
checking for mpif90... mpif90
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether mpif90 accepts -g... yes
checking version of mpif90... pathf95 2.4
setting F90... pathf95
setting MPIF90... mpif90
checking for pathcc... pathcc
checking whether pathcc accepts -g... yes
checking for pathcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
setting CC... pathcc
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp -P --traditional
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp -P --traditional" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

Again its failing.
Please note that, I've not set any other variables, CC, F77.

Do I have to put it in make.sys.

Thanks,
Sangamesh
Consultant - HPC