[Pw_forum] scf-convergence

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 22:13:03 CEST 2008

Dear Asa,

A few comments on your input file.

1. UsXCrysDen have shown that, presumably, what you study is not a monowire, it looks quite strange. Be sure that you have correct structure.

2. You use UltraSoft pseudopotentials, so ecutwfc should be around 10-12 times of ecutrho.

3. Again, you mean you have body centered orthorhombic structure, but looking at the structure (by XCrysDen) there is no cell center.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com