[Pw_forum] question about output of SCF

yumin qian yuminqian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 05:21:05 CEST 2008

I have done a scf calculation of ground state Pbnm CaCrO3 crystal , the
total band nbnd=101
there are 152 irreducible k-points  ,but the output file in X.save directory
only contians 76 folders : K00001-K00076, and the charge-desity.xml only
contains <z.1> to <z.72> , what is the relation between charge desity grid,
and the number of K000XX folders.

   I also do not know why we define Main grid and wavefunction grid
respectively ? Since the grid number are determined by the same ecutwfc ,
could someone explain more clearly about the all the grids system (include
FFT grid, and charge density grid in real or G-space) in DFT ?

  Many thanks

--
Sincerely Y. M. Qian
Lab.of Condensed Matter Theory and Materials Computation