[Pw_forum] charge-density file

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Oct 2 19:39:58 CEST 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 17:48 , alan chen wrote:

>  When I compile PWSCF on different machines, I find that on some
> machines, the charge density file has the suffix .xml (like charge-
> density.xml). On other machines, the file has the suffix .dat (like
> charge-density.dat). Does that have anything to do with my
> compilations?

no, but it has to do with the version you are compiling. The suffix
change was
made some time ago in order to have a more uniform naming convention

> Since in my old calculation they are all .xml format, I do want the
> new version of PWSCF to generate charge-density.xml rather than
> charge-density.dat. How can I control that?

you have to change the code, if you really want to

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222