[Pw_forum] a strange behavior for QE-v4 compared with QE-v3

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Wed Nov 26 16:07:33 CET 2008

JR Schmidt ha scritto:
> I ran into this same issue.  Let me say that (for whatever reason)
> setting OMP_NUM_THREADS, or MKL_NUM_THREADS did not seem to fix the
> problem.  MKL was still creating many threads per process, though

If you are running a job on several nodes it may be tricky to ensure
the  OMP_NUM_THREADS variable is set correctly on all of them. Using the
-x option of mpirun can be a solution, if you use open-mpi

bye

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)

Due to budget cuts approved by Italian Minister of Finance and Italian
Minister "for" Education, University and Research this may be the last
email you receive from me.

Please send any future correspondence, possibly via pigeon, to
mr. Lorenzo Paulatto
under Roiano Railway Bridge - Pillar 2
34136, Trieste

Donations in food, coins, booze and processor time are warmly welcome.