[Pw_forum] a strange behavior for QE-v4 compared with QE-v3

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Tue Nov 25 18:55:41 CET 2008

lan haiping wrote:

> A strange  behavior is found for QE v4 when i carry out parallel
> executation [...] But this situation doesnot happen when i try
> to run the same work with QE-v3.

it's hard to say anything meaningful based on the output of "top"
and little more. There are several parallelization levles in QE,
as explained here:
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wiki/index.php/Running_on_parallel_machines
I don't remember what happened between v.3 and v.4, but whatever
happened, it is unlikely to make parallelism less effective.

Paolo