[Pw_forum] /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/069/lib/intel64/libimf.so: warning: warning: feupdateenv is not implemented and will always fail

Giovanni Cantele Giovanni.Cantele at na.infn.it
Tue Nov 18 18:07:28 CET 2008

vega lew wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I recompile the QE 4.0.3 with intel compiler 11.0. I found there was
> an warning during the "make all" process.
> the warning was like this,
> "/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/069/lib/intel64/libimf.so: warning: warning:
> feupdateenv is not implemented and will always fail"
> Do you think the warning will have a bad effect on the QE?
maybe not, if I well remember I found a similar message. Anyway, to my
experience Mr. Google often has
an answer to this kind of questions (disclaimer: an answer is other than
a right answer!!!!)

http://www.ualberta.ca/AICT/RESEARCH/LinuxClusters/doc/icc91/Release_Notes.htm

at this (google-suggested) link I found:

        |libimf| Linking Change on Intel EM64T

In some earlier versions of Intel C++ Compiler, applications built for
Intel EM64T linked by default to the dynamic (shared object) version of
|libimf|, even though other libraries were linked statically. In the
current version, |libimf| is linked statically unless |-i-dynamic| is
used. This matches the behavior on IA-32 systems. You should use
|-i-dynamic| to specify the dynamic Intel libraries if you are linking
against shared objects built by Intel compilers.

A side effect of this change is that users may see the following message
from the linker:

|warning: feupdateenv is not implemented and will always fail|

This warning is due to a mismatch of library types and can be ignored.
The warning will not appear if |-i-dynamic| is used.

Giovanni

--

Dr. Giovanni Cantele
Coherentia CNR-INFM and Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche
E-mail: giovanni.cantele at cnr.it
        giovanni.cantele at na.infn.it
Web: http://people.na.infn.it/~cantele
Research Group: http://www.nanomat.unina.it