[Pw_forum] job submission script

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Tue Nov 11 10:48:23 CET 2008

Jelle van Sijl ha scritto:
> When I submit the job (see script below) from the directory on /home/user,
> pwscf stores everything in that folder but the repeated IO operations slow
> down the job.

Dear Jelle,
you should set outdir='/tmp/NameIt' in the control namelist; in this way
every process will save its own data on its local disk. You can later
recollect the data by hand using scp (with password-less login or with
expect).

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)

Due to budget cuts approved by Italian Minister of Finance and Italian
Minister "for" Education, University and Research this may be the last
email you receive from me.

Please send any future correspondence, possibly via pigeon, to
mr. Lorenzo Paulatto
under Roiano Railway Bridge - Pillar 2
34136, Trieste

Donations in food, coins, booze and processor time are warmly welcome.