[Pw_forum] Why my test-calculation is so slowly? SGI4700 for Si take about 1 hours

Lo_wan_2005XW lo_wan_2005 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 04:51:57 CET 2008

Dear axel

Thank you very much for your help!

Just following your suggestion, I export OMP_NUM_THREADS=1, the calculation finish within several seconds!

Thank you very much for your help!

The machine I used is SGI-Altex-4700. After I download the code, I just do
1) configure
2) make all

I donot know if I still other set or configurations to optimize my calculation in SGI-Altex-4700?

Thanks

Xiangang Wan
Department of Physics
Nanjing University