[Pw_forum] Error in Espresso post-installation Test examples

D.A. Tompsett dat36 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 1 17:33:19 CET 2008

Dear Alex and All,
                 thanks for the help. I understand better what the
"read_namelists : error" is now. I am using mpif90 for my compiler on a
unix platform.

I paste here one of the .in files (si.band.cg.in) which looks OK to me:
 &control
    calculation='bands'
    pseudo_dir = '/home/dat36/Programs/Espresso/espresso-4.0.3/pseudo/',
    outdir='/home/dat36/Programs/Espresso/espresso-4.0.3/TestJunk/',
    prefix='silicon'
 /
 &system
    ibrav=  2, celldm(1) =10.20, nat=  2, ntyp= 1,
    ecutwfc =18.0, nbnd = 8,
 /
 &electrons
    diagonalization='cg'
 /
ATOMIC_SPECIES
 Si  28.086  Si.vbc.UPF
ATOMIC_POSITIONS
 Si 0.00 0.00 0.00
 Si 0.25 0.25 0.25
K_POINTS
 28
   0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.1 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.2 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.3 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.4 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.5 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.6 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.7 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.8 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.9 1.0
   0.0 0.0 1.0 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0
   0.0 0.1 0.1 1.0
   0.0 0.2 0.2 1.0
   0.0 0.3 0.3 1.0
   0.0 0.4 0.4 1.0
   0.0 0.5 0.5 1.0
   0.0 0.6 0.6 1.0
   0.0 0.7 0.7 1.0
   0.0 0.8 0.8 1.0
   0.0 0.9 0.9 1.0
   0.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
   0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0
   0.1 0.1 0.1 1.0
   0.2 0.2 0.2 1.0
   0.3 0.3 0.3 1.0
   0.4 0.4 0.4 1.0
   0.5 0.5 0.5 1.0

I also paste below all of the warnings sent to stderr during the compile. I
am not sure if they are related to my problem:

fortcom: Warning: iotk_stream.spp, line 54: A dummy argument with an
explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value. [VAL]
subroutine
iotk_stream_read_LOGICAL1(unit,header,val,setpos,getpos,noval,ierr)
-------------------------------------------------^ fortcom: Warning:
iotk_stream.spp, line 54: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT)
declaration is not given an explicit value. [VAL] subroutine
iotk_stream_read_INTEGER1(unit,header,val,setpos,getpos,noval,ierr)
-------------------------------------------------^ fortcom: Warning:
iotk_stream.spp, line 54: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT)
declaration is not given an explicit value. [VAL] subroutine
iotk_stream_read_REAL1(unit,header,val,setpos,getpos,noval,ierr)
----------------------------------------------^ fortcom: Warning:
iotk_stream.spp, line 54: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT)
declaration is not given an explicit value. [VAL] subroutine
iotk_stream_read_REAL2(unit,header,val,setpos,getpos,noval,ierr)
----------------------------------------------^ fortcom: Warning:
iotk_stream.spp, line 54: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT)
declaration is not given an explicit value. [VAL] subroutine
iotk_stream_read_COMPLEX1(unit,header,val,setpos,getpos,noval,ierr)
-------------------------------------------------^ fortcom: Warning:
iotk_stream.spp, line 54: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT)
declaration is not given an explicit value. [VAL] subroutine
iotk_stream_read_COMPLEX2(unit,header,val,setpos,getpos,noval,ierr)
-------------------------------------------------^ fortcom: Warning:
iotk_stream.spp, line 54: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT)
declaration is not given an explicit value. [VAL] subroutine
iotk_stream_read_CHARACTER1(unit,header,val,setpos,getpos,noval,ierr)
---------------------------------------------------^ ar: creating libiotk.a
fftw.c(27449): warning #188: enumerated type mixed with another type
  	  EXPECT_INT(dir);
  	  ^

fftw.c(27450): warning #188: enumerated type mixed with another type
  	  EXPECT_INT(type);

Please let me know if you can see how I might fix this eg. by altering the
input file to make the namelist reader happy.

Thanks for any help,
David.

--
David A. Tompsett