[Pw_forum] GIPAW compilation

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Mon May 26 21:05:11 CEST 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008, Lorenzo Paulatto wrote:

LP> On Mon, May 26, 2008 20:23, Ary Junior wrote:
LP> >  export PATH=/opt/intel/fc/10.1.008/bin:$PATH
LP>
LP> Hi,
LP> ifort requires more than one variable to work correctly, there is a script
LP> which set up all the required variables correctly in /opt/intel/fc/*/bin/,
LP> if I remember correctly it is named ifortvars.sh.

lorenzo,

that is only true for the default installation instructions,
it can actually be made to work the way it is presented
and thus you can have multiple versions of the intel compiler installed.

speaking of versions. the intel compiler version 10.1.008 is
_horribly_ broken and miscompiles a lot of codes (i have proof
for CP2K and CPMD) and needs to be updated in any case.

cheers,
   axel.